The World Cancer Research Fund and the American Institute for Cancer Research have published a 500-page report highlighting ways to prevent cancer through diet and exercise.
Recommendations include the following:
- Maintain a healthy body weight. Being overweight is linked to at least six types of cancer.
- Exercise 30 to 60 minutes a day.
- Eat no more than 18 oz. of red meat per week,
- Avoid processed meat.
- Limit alcohol to one drink a day for women and two a day for men.
- Consume less than 6 g of sodium daily.
- There is no good data that dietary supplements prevent cancer.
For the complete report on pdf, click the link below
American Institute for Cancer Research report(Free PDF)p>